background

Thursday, February 11, 2010

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of our sweet baby girl!

Ashley Nicole was born at 12:55am
Feb 8, 2010
7lbs 6 oz
She has been such a quiet baby except that she
prefers to sleep her long stints during the day
vs the night....but we will work on that.




Proud Daddy!


Just born in this picture.


How did the big event go?
  • I was supposed to be induced
  • We arrived and discovered my blood pressure was going higher and higher
  • They started to worry I might have pre eclamsia....but thankfully after a couple of hours it started to go down on its own... I think I was a little nervous they might send me home.
  • Dr examined me at 7:45 pm and said I was 3 cm dilated.
  • As soon as he left regular strong contractions started all by themselves. I told the nurse and she said they were just waiting for a labor and deliver room for me.
  • I requested an epidural ( I missed out on that last time and wanted to try it out again)
  • He came about 10pm ish
  • They then broke my water
  • They gave me some meds and increased it a little by little.
  • I felt great....NO PAIN :)
  • By 11:30 I said Hmmmm.....things feel different
  • 12:00 nurse checked me and I was fully dilated and she said I could push when I wanted to
  • She said my doc was delivering another baby so if I could just to wait....I didn't mind I had the epidural!
  • We started pushing, they called for the doc, he had one glove on and she was being born. 12:55 am Ashley was born.
  • Finally the doctor I have had for so many years and babies actually delivered one of mine
  • Chris cut the cord
  • We became a family of 6


    I was so comfortable with this delivery. So happy to have a healthy baby. So happy to not be pregnant! We are feeling very, very blessed to have 4 healthy beautiful kids! Did I just say 4!?!?!?

A BIG thank you to Grandma for coming down and helping us out with the kids! We enjoyed having you come and spend time with us! I don't know what we would have done with out you!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*SO* great!!!!! really couldn't be happier for you & chris! i'm so happy that sarah gets a sister... sisters are the best :-) glad to hear you've had lots of help too ~ that always makes things easier. enjoy those new baby snuggles... it seems they're gone before you know it!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Chris and Karri!

love the dark hair - she's a beauty!

See ya soon,

Kathy