background

Friday, January 9, 2009

I am glad it is OVER!

I had no idea what I was in for but I am glad it is all over! I had an appointment with our new doctor to see about vaccines that would cover us for travel to Mexico. So we went, Chris met me there. And I am so thankful I made him go! Nathan was none to happy about the needles. Made quite a fuss! Both the boys got a double dose of a vaccine to cover them for the trip. Then they each got a flu shot. I couldn't bring myself to tell them we have to go back and finish up the vaccine at a later date. I think I will start praying about that now.

Chris came out the winner today because he received the most needles! 1flu, 1tetanus, 1 Hep A, and 1 Hep B. I had already received my tetanus when I first met with the doctor so I only needed the other three! We kept telling the kids it really didn't hurt that much but one of those Hep A or B really STUNG!!!!

I feel better knowing the kids are at less risk so I guess it was all worth it! Sarah is too young to have anything but the flu shot....so maybe she is the lucky one.

I really like this new doctor we have here. No one here is accepting new patients of course but because we new someone that new her she agreed to take us on. I am glad she agreed before all of Nathan's crying and sobbing!!!! She also gave us a prescription for antibiotics to take with us as a just in case, and a prescription for some medicine that would for sure prevent traveller's diarrhea. We didn't fill those as of yet. So before all that the total cost of the vaccines was almost $400!!!!! We still have to pay for the second doses in some cases!!!!

But soon we will be off to Mexico for the first time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to Mexico and where?
Char J

Drumstick said...

Have fun in Mexico!

I hear you guys are living in the Waterloo area. We live in Cambridge.

Karri said...

We are off to Cancun Mexico. This coming Sunday for 1 week.

Thanks for the well wishes! I am often shopping in the Cambridge area. Have you lived here long?