background

Friday, September 5, 2008

Nathan's First Day!






Nathan went to meet his new teacher yesterday. She showed him around the classroom. Showed him wear to line up, and got him to make his "apple" to hang up on the tree. I was really encouraged by her friendliness and enthusiasm. I think he will have a great year. I just can't believe he goes for full days. Are they crazy or what!!! I also think that he will be quite tired on the way home from school.


The school had to make some changes due to a high number of kids registering for Senior Kindergarten. Those changes mean that it will now be a mixed class. So all their kindergarten classes will have both junior and senior kindergarten kids in them. Good news they won't be in the same class! And our days don't change and Jacob will keep the teacher he already met. The reasoning for this....numbers. Making sure there are not too many in one class. I know the teacher talk behind all of this. I am still not a huge fan of blended grades. It is a lot of work for the teacher. Nathan's teacher did tell me they were a hold out school until now. She said that about 85% of KW is blended grades in kindergarten. So she wasn't surprised when they had to make the change.


He did great. Wasn't shy at all like I thought he would be. I do really like the fact that he meets his teacher on his own and checks everything out on his own. I think that is a positive experience for kids starting school. An easier transition anyway. I guess we will see how next week goes. Jacob goes for Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Nathan will be going Thursday and Friday. I think my boys will be tired on Friday.

No comments: