background

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jacob's first day of school!






Today was Jacob's first day at Big kid school. He was very excited about going. He was so excited about finally getting to use his Spider man back pack. We got to school a few minutes early. Of course to take pictures. It was quite an interesting first day. The principal came out and invited everyone to come to the flag at the front of the school. He then introduced himself and invited us all to sing O Canada. Then everyone said this little poem about Lexington School. He had a few more announcements and officially opened up the school by ringing this old bell the school had. Never been to a first day like that.


Jacob found his teacher and they were off to their classroom. It was 28 degrees here today so he wore his crocks to school. But I soon realized he wasn't going to like wearing his indoor shoes without socks!! So of course, I drove home and got him some socks. He was surprised to see me and I even got to spy on him at recess. He was playing with kids and having a great time.


When I picked him up, he was excited to see us. But I could tell he was tired. He was lying down on the couch when he got home and I had to keep encouraging him to outside and play in the pool. His reply was, "Mom!, I just worked all day I'm tired." So after a good laugh we went through all the stuff that came home in his back pack together. He went and hing up his calendar from the teacher on the fridge and showed me his "homework." Very cute. Meet the teacher is next week and I don't think parents make appointments, I think they just show up and it is very casual, and they see the classroom and are introduced to the school council.


Hard for me to be on the other side of things today. I am used to first days of school, but with other people's kids. And I usually know how their days went because I was there. So I had lots of questions for Jacob and he finally said, "why all these question when I come home from school, I'm tired." I guess I wanted to know too much!


Well the kids finally went into the pool and they found a frog in the pool today. The frog has been rescued and placed in a safe frog friendly location.


All in all, an exciting day out here in the East!!

2 comments:

Kirst said...

It looks so nice and hot, while we are freezing our butts off. Glad the first day went well for Jacob.
Cool frog.

Anonymous said...

Jacob sounds a lot like Noah when I ask him a bunch of questions, but at least Jacob has a realistic answer. Noah just says "I forget" to every question about what he did at school!
Kathy