background

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodbye???

Our friends hosted a Get Lost Party for us tonight! It was great to get together with everyone, but very hard to say goodbye! I will miss hanging out, seeing people at church, and especially watching the kids play together! You have all been such great friends and that is why it is so hard to leave. We have been very blessed to have this network of friends here, maybe if you all weren't so nice and fun to be with this would go a lot easier for me. It's getting very hard to hide the tears!!! It seems like yesterday, we were waiting for a baby to arrive and that the move seemed so far away. Now, it is one week until I fly out on a plane with three kids and two dogs. Who's idea was that! Pray for me now.

Now seriously, anyone of you planning to come out East please drop in and visit, we would love to have you come! Thank you for all your encouraging words and well wishes. I do really appreciate them.

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Let me know if you need anything when you get here!

Karri said...

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say you will be missed by all of us here. And if we do come to Marineland for Jaymee's big trip after she is all done with her treatments, we will for sure be in touch.

I pray you will have a safe trip and remember it is an "extended vacation".

Tanya

Karri said...

Thank you! If you need a place to stay all you have to do is call, we would love to have you. You will have to keep me posted on things. I will be thinking of you guys often and keeping you all and especially Jaymee in my prayers! I like the idea of it being an esxtended vacation:)

Kirst said...

Just as I thought the ride home last night was a hard one. At least we still have a week left to hang out. I wish I could afford to fly out lots. I can't even express how much I am going to miss you guys. Better stop typing I can't see the screen now, because of my eyes being watery or something. We love you guys!

Fred and Wendy said...

From someone who has said goodbye to friends too many times, I feel your pain. God goes with you and there will be others who will learn to appreciate your warm and gracious spirits!

Karri said...

Thanks Fred:) I don't know how people move so often. I have lived my whole life here in Calgary and I was happy here, but I do understand that God wouldn't open this particular door for me if he didn't want me to walk through it. Still hard.

Kirsten, I know exactly what you mean. It is almost harder being here this week because I know how final it all is. And I've had more tears this week, everytime I leave someone's house. Good thing no one can see me drive home!:) We will miss you guys and your kids so much. You guys are like family to us!!!