background

Monday, August 25, 2008

OK so I finally registered the kids in school today. I thought I would show you a picture of the school. It looks quite different that what I am used to seeing in Calgary. The staff greeted us and they were quite friendly. The secretary entertained the boys, chatted them up and even held Sarah while I filled out all the required forms.
Jacob and Nathan will both go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and alternating Fridays. And yes, they actually go to school for the whole day. School starts at 9:05am. Not too early yeah! School ends at 3:25pm. The kids get two nutrition breaks through out the day. They are about 40 minutes long each. I didn't think I would be leaving them at school for lunch but I am not sure about the timing yet and then I would have to do it twice a day. They don't appear to have a "recess" break like I am used to. The other interesting fact is that we qualify for busing. So the bus comes just down the street to pick them up. I will still take them their first day. I haven't decided about the busing for sure. Need to think about it some more.

The secretary said the kindergarten teachers would give me a call this week, so I guess I will find out more information there. Yikes, this all happens next week. Both my babies go to Big Kid school!!!

3 comments:

Kirst said...

I'm finding it hard enough with just one. I couldn't imagine 2 going for the first time. Although maybe it will be easier who knows. We'll have to swap stories next week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri ....from Robbie

We've been thinking about you all so much...and wondering how you're doing. This is my first time checking out your blog. Cool way to keep current with frineds & family.

Your head must be spinning trying to get two little guys ready for school. It's a lot to manage even when you're not new to the community!

We've got 4 going to school next week. Christine in grade 12, Danielle in grade 7 and the twins into preschool and a baby still at home. WOW! I can't quite picture what this is all going to look like....but I better get super organized!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe school is here already! It does sound different out there, but you'll all get used to it.
It's been so busy the last 3 weeks I haven't been able to catch up with you guys since the airport! I'm glad you're starting to settle in...Is it just me or are the boys looking bigger? We miss you all! Kathy