background

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Okay... so the airlines that broke my new stroller is replacing it!!!

Actually sending me money to purchase another one. But do I buy the same stroller?

Sarah is only 16 lbs and the car seat that came with that stroller is good until 30 lbs. I love the handy attachable car seat. But she really won't be in it past next October when she would have to wear a winter coat (But she could be weight wise and size wise even with a winter jacket). So do I buy the stroller and car seat set or just a new stroller and save the cash left over? To buy this stroller set is $399 plus tax. To buy just a new stroller and no car seat...about $200 plus tax. I was just going to replace exactly what I lost until my HUSBAND went and made me think about it some more. Or should I say agonize over it!

So anyone who reads this please comment and tell me what you think.

Thanks!
Karri

5 comments:

Kirst said...

I would buy just the stroller. Does Chris want you to buy the combo? You could probably get a stroller that would fit your carseat. And even if she can fit in the seat do you want to be carrying it around when she is 18 months? Just something to think about. I couldn't imagine Spencer in one of those. Plus extra cash is always good.

Tammy Williams said...

Hi Karri. I am so glad I found your blog through Kirsten's. I didn't even know that you had a little girl - it has been THAT long! As for the stroller thing, congrats for getting the money back. We had 3 strollers until I sold our dual travel system this past fall. We use a double for the kids now because they are still young. I would just go for the stroller if I were you but I'm sure you will do what's best for Sarah.

Karri said...

Thanks for the votes. I know you guys are right. Besides, I don't really like carrying it around now! But it is handy. I think just the stroller is the way to go. Extra cash is always good right!?

Tammy thanks for finding the blog. I read your blog too! You are very creative with your pictures of the kids. I loved that one of Mia and the pink bow!

Anonymous said...

it may be too late for my two cents, but i vote for just the stroller too.... it seems redundant to have 2 car seats and saving money is always good...

Karri said...

I don't get to keep the car seat. Because they are giving me enough money to get the travel system, they are sending someone to come get the car seat! Too bad or I would for sure just buy the stroller. But I have to give up the bucket seat.:(

It is so handy though! But we tried out the big car seat today. She didn't seem to care.

Haven't bought anything yet...maybe tomorrow.