background

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today is a good day! A day to celebrate all the blessings in my life. I have so much to be thankful for. I have been praying for something for a long time. God has heard my prayers and I am so thankful.

One year ago Chris was offered an exciting job opportunity that we really couldn't say no to. The only flaw in my mind was that it required moving so far away. But I really felt all along that I couldn't say no. I had to be open to this opportunity and walk through the door God had opened for us. I wasn't happy about it. In fact I tired my best NOT to think about this move. But I boarded a plane with my 3 kids and 2 dogs and off I went to discover what was in store for me.

We have only been here for 8 months. I thought I would hate it. I don't. It is different and different takes some time to get used to and I was willing to try. There are many things to like about being here. Things that I will actually miss when we leave. 8 months into this experience and I feel like I learned a lot. I also know that the new door God is opening for us wouldn't have been possible if we had not taken that first step and moved out here. I guess it is about faith and trusting. God really does know better than me! I say that because isn't it our human nature to try to tell God what we think is best for us? At least that is what I tried to do. I had a list of reasons as to why we shouldn't move....but had I not trusted and not had faith I would have missed out on so much this year. And the new job opportunity for Chris would never have happened! The new job that his company is creating for him in CALGARY!!! Still some details to sort out! I am soooooooooo thankful! I am so excited! What a great company he works for and what a caring boss to come up with all of this!

5 comments:

Kirst said...

A big Woohoo is all I can say. Okay maybe I could say more but I for one am super excited you are moving back.

Karri said...

Me too! Thanks....I can't believe it is actually going to happen. The vacation ended early!:)

Fred and Wendy said...

Congratulations to Chris. Thanks be to God! Isn't that remarkable news.

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT news! Any idea when the re-transfer will be happening?

Tammy Williams said...

Great news! Calgary is home to me!