background

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I made it here!

Well, I am here! Thank you Kathy for all your help today. Thanks Ron and the kids for waiting. My trip started out a little rocky. I forgot to gas up the rental car, so I had to go back out and find a place to gas up. Then Westjet had a huge, huge line for me to wait in. Then Nathan decided to get physical with Jacob which lead to a bleeding nose. I have to say I had the nicest Westjet people helping me today and of course Auntie Kathy was a hero for helping Jacob with his very messy bleeding nose. After I said goodbye to Kathy I started crying, but the funny thing was I think the really nice Westjet lady thought I was stressed out, not sad about leaving. She kept telling me the hard part was over and that the dogs would be fine.

The kids were great on the plane. Sarah was asleep for most of it. Jacob and Nathan watched movies. I saw Jenn L. and Jeremy R at the airport in the waiting area. Lots of babies on this plane today.

Chris picked me up and the kids raced towards him. We were all happy to be together again! Quite a small airport, we had to use stairs to get out of the plane. Dogs survived the trip. No messes either, yeay!!

Saw the house for the first time today, quite nice. Different in some ways than the pictures lead me to believe. The boxes piled up everywhere aren't helping!!! I did unpack Sarah's room and the master bedroom tonight. I unpacked about 5 kitchen boxes, but so many more to go. Man we have a lot of stuff!!!

The kids were very excited about the pool. They wanted to swim in it right away. It is a big pool. Not a lot of grass in the back yard but enough. However, there seems to be another jungle garden here. Why me? Pretty yard though.

Anyway, I am finally here. Looking forward to seeing a few things tomorrow. Our phones started working tonight, and soon the phones will be charged up and ready to go.

If my friends in AB are reading this, I hope you all have a fun week at camp!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Welcome to K-town guys! Glad to hear your trip went without too many 'glitches'. Perhaps we'll bump into each other sometime!

Anonymous said...

Glad your trip went well. Hope to keep hearing your updates and we will for sure keep you informed on Jaymee's.

Fred and Wendy said...

Glad your journey went well. Moving is an adventure - at least that's how I've always viewed it. Once you find the things you need you'll feel at home! Keep posting we enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

I was more than happy to help out. Ron and the kids didn't mind either...I was happy for the swiftness of the Westjet people etc. It made it hard for a long drawn-out, goodbye. There would have been way too many tears!! There were enough already.
Kathy