background

Monday, August 11, 2008

Unpacking!

Well I have only been here since late Friday night and I have Sarah's room, the kitchen and most of ours and the boys room unpacked. Part of the hold up is waiting for the washer and the dryer to arrive. They come on Wednesday.



It has been hard getting used to the time difference. I am going to bed sooooo late as a result. I think today it finally caught up to me.



I actually started working on the basement last night. Got 5 boxes unpacked downstairs, mostly for my scrapbook area. Seems like I am on vacation. I know it will seem more real when I can't see what people are up to and make plans with them. Good news is you are all at camp and couldn't make plans anyway, so that will make this weekend go a little easier.



Some of you were asking me how big KW is, well the K is about 250 000 people and the W is about 110 000 people.



Chris bought me a navigation system and I have to say it has made getting around on my own really easy. It is very easy to use and easy to follow as well. This will make my shopping adventures way to easy!

We live on a quiet street, some of the neighbors have said hello. I haven't seen too many kids but I heard some the other day in someones pool. I hope there are a few close by. The school isn't to far away. I think we could walk it, weather permitting! I haven't registered the kids yet I am still waiting for a piece of mail to show up to prove that I actually live here. Tomorrow I will take pictures of our street and post them. I was shocked to see such huge lots. Needles to say, you really are not very close to a neighbor.

Despite the rainy, yucky, terrible weather.... the kids still find ways to get into that pool! It isn't even heated right now, but every chance they get they are in it. In case you are wondering, we have a life jacket on rule if you are in the back yard at all. This way, if someone falls in we are all still safe. They mostly walk around it and put their water toys in it, but you never know what could happen.

No comments: