background

Friday, August 8, 2008

No more goodbyes!

Today was the last time to hang out with friends here. I have tried very hard to keep my tears hidden from my kids. Mostly because I don't want them to worry about the move, but these last two nights I just couldn't hold it in. So them seeing me cry sparked some conversations that I found to be so cute. They went like this...

Jacob : "Mommy, why are you crying?"

Me: "Mommy is sad about not seeing her friends for awhile. I am going to miss them."

Jacob: "I will miss my friends too!"

Nathan: "Well, Daddy is your friend and he will be there in Tario."

Nathan: "Baby, you are going to make new friends in Tario."

Nathan; "Aunty is going to visit you in Tario Mommy."

Jacob: "Mommy, I have a surprise for you."

Me: "What is it?"

Jacob: "It is two surprises a kiss and a hug, no three surprises, love too!"

And of course this leads to more TEARS!!!! The wisdom of small children never stops amazing me.

Next post from Tario

2 comments:

kristen said...

Very cute...good luck with the move!

And as much as I like to complain about it, 'Tario isn't all that bad.
~Kristen

Anonymous said...

What wonderful kids!!! God Bless you as you get settled and discover additional friends.
Char